Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 4.2% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 2.7% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 2.3% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 1.6% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 1.5% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 1.5% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Huntington Bancshares Inc (HBAN): HBAN stock is up 1.6% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 6.6% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM): CM stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 1.2% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.