Healthcare stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 1.5% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nxstage Medical (NXTM): NXTM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA): MNTA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is down 14.2% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 3.1% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 2.8% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is down 2.8% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is down 2.7% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.