Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.0%, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 4.0% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is up 3.6% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is up 3.5% today.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is up 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is up 3.1% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is up 3.1% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 1.2% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 0.4% today.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is down 0.3% today and down 30.3% in the last month.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.