Healthcare stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA): MNTA stock is up 3.0% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Array Biopharma Inc (ARRY): ARRY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 1.6% today.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 1.1% today and up 25.8% in the last month.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is down 1.4% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is down 1.2% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Endologix Inc (ELGX): ELGX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Dentsply International Inc (XRAY): XRAY stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.