Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc (BBBY): BBBY stock is up 5.3% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Macy’s Inc (M): M stock is up 5.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 4.0% today.
- Manchester United Ltd (MANU): MANU stock is up 3.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI): VSI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Kennedy-Wilson Holdings Inc (KW): KW stock is up 2.7% today.
- Charter Communications (CHTR): CHTR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Dish Network Corp (DISH): DISH stock is up 2.3% today.
- Starz Series A Liberty Capital (STRZA): STRZA stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Extra Space Storage Inc (EXR): EXR stock is up 2.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is down 1.4% today and down 26.2% in the last month.
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL): CBRL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Infinera Corp (INFN): INFN stock is down 1.2% today.
- G&K Services (GK): GK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ebay Inc (EBAY): EBAY stock is down 1.1% today.
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS): LVS stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (LULU): LULU stock is down 1.1% today.
- New York Times Company (NYT): NYT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Advanced Drainage Systems Inc. (WMS): WMS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Antero Resources Midstream Llc (AM): AM stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.