Services stocks finished up 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.9%, the Nasdaq increased 1.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 3.4% today.
- CBS Corp (CBS): CBS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Autonation Inc (AN): AN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Lithia Motors (LAD): LAD stock is up 3.0% today.
- St. Joe Company (JOE): JOE stock is up 3.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Boyd Gaming Corp (BYD): BYD stock is up 2.7% today.
- Maximus Inc (MMS): MMS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Rayonier Inc. REIT (RYN): RYN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Telephone and Data Systems (TDS): TDS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Consolidated Communications Holdings (CNSL): CNSL stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Abercrombie & Fitch Company (ANF): ANF stock is down 2.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG): CMG stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB): RRGB stock is down 1.5% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Big Lots (BIG): BIG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Autozone (AZO): AZO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Groupon Inc (GRPN): GRPN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp (NTT): NTT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Signet Jewelers Limited (SIG): SIG stock is down 1.0% today.
- American Capital Agency (AGNC): AGNC stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.