Technology stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is up 3.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Freescale Semiconductor Holdin (FSL): FSL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Ii-Vi Inc (IIVI): IIVI stock is up 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Synaptics Inc (SYNA): SYNA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Linkedin (LNKD): LNKD stock is up 1.7% today.
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL): MRVL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Blackberry Limited (BBRY): BBRY stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Flextronics International Ltd (FLEX): FLEX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Wns Limited (WNS): WNS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Changyou.Com Limited (CYOU): CYOU stock is down 1.8% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Ellie Mae Inc (ELLI): ELLI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Arrow Electronics (ARW): ARW stock is down 1.6% today.
- Sierra Wireless (SWIR): SWIR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Hollysys Automation Technologies (HOLI): HOLI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sps Commerce (SPSC): SPSC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.