Transportation stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 0.3% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is down 1.3% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Capital Product Partners L.P. (CPLP): CPLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW): AAWW stock is down 0.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.