Transportation stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 3.9% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 2.2% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 1.3% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.1% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.