Transportation stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 7.5% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 7.4% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 6.0% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 4.7% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is up 3.4% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 2.7% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 2.4% today.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW): CHRW stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 2.6% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.