Utilities stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 3.8% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 0.8% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 0.7% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.