Utilities stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 0.6% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 0.4% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.