Utilities stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 0.8% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 0.7% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.7% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 1.4% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.