Utilities stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 1.2% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 1.0% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is down 0.7% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 0.2% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.