Utilities stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 1.2% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 0.8% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 0.7% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 0.6% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 0.6% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 1.3% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 1.0% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is down 0.9% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.8% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 0.8% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.