Basic materials stocks advanced 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 1.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 10.1% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 7.0% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 5.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 5.0% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 3.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 3.6% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 3.1% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 2.9% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 0.3% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 0.2% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.