Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq was up 1.0% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 10.0% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 6.7% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 4.9% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 4.8% today and up 24.7% in the last month.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 3.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 3.4% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.9% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 2.6% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 0.5% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.