Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Airgas Inc (ARG): ARG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 0.5% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 0.4% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 0.6% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 0.4% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 0.4% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 6.8% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 5.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 4.1% today and down 21.6% in the last month.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.7% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 2.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.8% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 2.4% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.