Basic materials stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.9% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 3.3% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 0.4% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.