Basic materials stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 1.3% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 2.7% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is down 0.8% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.