Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street so far on Thursday, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 1.0% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 8.3% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 3.4% to a new 52-week low of $13.16.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 2.6% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.5% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.7% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.5% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 1.0% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.0% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 1.0% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.