Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.7% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.4% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is up 1.7% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.2% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.1% today and up 29.1% in the last month.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 2.6% today on 7 times normal volume.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 2.1% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.