Basic materials stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.9% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 0.9% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 0.9% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.