Basic materials stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.9% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 0.9% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 0.9% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.