Basic materials stocks remained flat on Friday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 0.9% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 0.1% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.1% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.