Basic materials stocks remained flat on Friday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 0.9% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 0.1% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.1% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.