Basic materials stocks remained flat on Wednesday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 4.9% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 3.2% today and up 22.1% in the last month.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.1% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.7% today and up 27.3% in the last month.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 1.8% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 6.0% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 4.1% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.8% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 3.0% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 2.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 1.8% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.