Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq increased 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 14.4% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 9.0% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 5.2% today.
- Rti International Metals (RTI): RTI stock is up 3.7% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 3.7% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 3.4% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 2.7% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is up 2.2% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 4.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 3.6% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 0.8% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.