Basic materials stocks rose 1.3% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.2% and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 12.4% today and up 25.7% in the last month.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 6.7% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 4.4% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 3.8% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 3.5% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 3.4% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 3.0% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 2.9% today and up 21.5% in the last month.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 2.2% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 3.4% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.2% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 0.7% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.