Basic materials stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq fell 0.7% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 1.7% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 1.4% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 1.3% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 2.1% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 2.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 1.4% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.