Capital goods stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 5.8% today and up 22.1% in the last month.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is up 1.5% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 1.2% today.
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is up 0.9% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 4.5% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 2.4% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 1.7% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Donaldson Company (DCI): DCI stock is down 0.8% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.