Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq fell 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is up 2.3% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is up 1.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Transdigm Group Inc (TDG): TDG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is up 0.7% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 1.6% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is down 1.2% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Donaldson Company (DCI): DCI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is down 0.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.