Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is up 0.9% today.
- 3M Company (MMM): MMM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Flir Systems (FLIR): FLIR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Standex International Corp (SXI): SXI stock is down 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 0.8% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is down 0.6% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.