Consumer cyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.9%, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Drew Industries Inc (DW): DW stock is up 2.6% today.
- LKQ Corp (LKQ): LKQ stock is up 1.8% today.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is up 1.2% today.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Visteon Corp (VC): VC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dorman Products (DORM): DORM stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Nike Inc (NKE): NKE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is down 0.2% today.
- Hanesbrands Inc (HBI): HBI stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.