Consumer cyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.0%, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 rose 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is up 5.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Nortek Inc (NTK): NTK stock is up 5.6% today.
- Jarden Corp (JAH): JAH stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Knoll Inc (KNL): KNL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Hon Industries Inc (HNI): HNI stock is up 2.6% today.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Oshkosh Truck Corp (OSK): OSK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): LEG stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Navistar International Corp (NAV): NAV stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ford Motor Company (F): F stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- California Resources Corporatio (CRC): CRC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Wabco Holdings Inc (WBC): WBC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Wabash National Corp (WNC): WNC stock is down 0.5% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is down 0.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- LKQ Corp (LKQ): LKQ stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.