Consumer cyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Jarden Corp (JAH): JAH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM): WSM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Wabco Holdings Inc (WBC): WBC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc (DNKN): DNKN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Honda Motor Company (HMC): HMC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Nortek Inc (NTK): NTK stock is up 0.7% today.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Michael Kors Holdings Limited (KORS): KORS stock is down 19.5% today and down 22.3% in the last month.
- Deckers Outdoor Corp (DECK): DECK stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Navistar International Corp (NAV): NAV stock is down 1.4% today.
- Iconix Brand Group (ICON): ICON stock is down 1.0% today.
- Autoliv Inc (ALV): ALV stock is down 1.0% today.
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is down 0.9% today.
- V.F. Corp (VFC): VFC stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.