Consumer noncyclical stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (COKE): COKE stock is down 1.5% today.
- Usana Health Sciences Inc (USNA): USNA stock is down 1.3% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pepsico Inc (PEP): PEP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.