Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 5.9% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 4.6% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 3.6% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 0.8% today and up 20.6% in the last month.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is up 1.9% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 2.6% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is down 2.9% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 4.0% today.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is down 3.4% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 2.1% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 2.5% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.