Energy stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 3.7% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 3.3% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 3.1% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 2.8% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.