Energy stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 2.5% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 1.5% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is down 1.3% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.