Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 2.2% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 1.7% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 1.4% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 1.5% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is down 2.0% today.
- State Street Corp (STT): STT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is down 0.9% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.