Financial stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- First Tennessee National Corp (FHN): FHN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Willis Group Holdings (WSH): WSH stock is up 2.0% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is up 2.0% today.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions Llc (BR): BR stock is up 2.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC): FBC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 2.0% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Manulife Financial Corp (MFC): MFC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 1.1% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is down 1.0% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.