Financial stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.0%, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is up 2.1% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Visa Inc (V): V stock is up 2.0% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is up 1.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Blackrock (BLK): BLK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Liberty All-Star Equity Fund (USA): USA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Invesco Plc (IVZ): IVZ stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is down 0.7% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 0.5% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pacwest Bancorp (PACW): PACW stock is down 0.4% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.