Financial stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq fell 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Independent Bank (INDB): INDB stock is up 2.8% today.
- Boston Private Financial Holdings (BPFH): BPFH stock is up 2.5% today.
- Bok Financial Corp (BOKF): BOKF stock is up 2.2% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is up 1.8% today.
- Commerce Bancshares (CBSH): CBSH stock is up 1.8% today.
- First Financial Bancorp (FFBC): FFBC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Keycorp (KEY): KEY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 5.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is down 2.5% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 1.2% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.