Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq was up 1.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 8.3% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is up 7.3% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 6.0% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 5.8% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 5.4% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 5.2% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 5.0% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 4.2% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 3.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 12.4% today.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is down 5.2% today.
- Pro-Assurance Corp (PRA): PRA stock is down 3.0% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 1.5% today and down 20.4% in the last month.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions Llc (BR): BR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is down 0.8% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.