Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 0.9% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 4.4% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 2.8% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 2.1% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 2.4%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 2.0% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.7% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is down 32.8% today and down 34.2% in the last month.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 3.9% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 2.9% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 2.4% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 2.3% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Provident Financial Services (PFS): PFS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Invesco Plc (IVZ): IVZ stock is down 0.8% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.