Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 4.8% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 1.6% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 1.3% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 67.3% today and down 65.7% in the last month.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 3.7% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 2.0% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC): PSEC stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.