Financial stocks advanced 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 17.2% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 6.3% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is up 6.5% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 4.4% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is up 3.3% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is up 3.6% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is up 2.4% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 2.0% today and up 39.2% in the last month.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Fleetcor Technologies (FLT): FLT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 1.0% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hercules Technology Growth Capital (HTGC): HTGC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.