Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 2.5% today and up 39.7% in the last month.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Metlife Inc (MET): MET stock is up 2.0% today.
- Eagle Bancorp (EGBN): EGBN stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is up 1.7% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is up 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP): PNFP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 2.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 2.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 1.8% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is down 1.6% today.
- Berkshire Hath Hld A (BRK.A): BRK.A stock is down 1.5% today.
- Berkshire Hath Hld B (BRK.B): BRK.B stock is down 1.4% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.