Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 1.1% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 2.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 1.3% today and up 20.6% in the last month.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 0.3% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 2.9% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is down 2.6% today.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is down 2.5% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 2.1% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is down 2.0% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.