Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.1%, the Nasdaq was up 1.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Stryker Corp (SYK): SYK stock is up 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.