Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 7.0% today.
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA): MNTA stock is up 6.7% today and up 20.4% in the last month.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 5.9% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 4.5% today.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is up 4.8% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 4.9% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 4.0% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 5.2% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 5.2% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is up 4.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 3.3% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 2.1% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.